Staff flu vaccinations 2016
Why are we providing staff flu vaccinations?
Flu vaccination reduces the chances of you becoming seriously ill from the flu. Vaccination also protects the wider community by reducing the spread of the influenza virus amongst staff, students, our families and community.
What does flu do?
Infection with the flu virus can make you very unwell for a week or more. Research shows that healthy adults who are vaccinated against the flu have half the number of doctors’ visits and half the number of sick days.
For further information refer to NSW Health Fact Sheets about Influenza and annual seasonal Influenza Vaccination.
Where will the flu vaccinations be located?
Staff flu vaccinations will be provided onsite at Darlington, Camperdown, Cumberland and Camden campuses as follows:
|Camperdown||26 April||9:00 am - 4:30 pm||MacLaurin Hall (A14D) - The Quadrangle|
|Camperdown||27 April||9:00 am - 4:30 pm||MacLaurin Hall (A14D) - The Quadrangle|
|Camperdown||28 April||9:00 am - 2:30 pm||MacLaurin Hall (A14D) - The Quadrangle|
|Camden||2 May||9:00 am - 12:00 pm||CCWF Room 305 - (C01E) Camden|
|Darlington||4 May||9:00 am - 4:00 pm||Conference Room - (H02) Darlington Centre|
|Cumberland||5 May||8:00 am - 2:00 pm||F Block Room 127 – Lidcombe|
|Darlington||9 May||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Camperdown||13 May||9:00am - 1:00pm|
PLEASE NOTE: If you have reacted to Flu Vaccinations in the past or are allergic to eggs, you will not be able to receive the staff vaccination. You will need to visit your Doctor for the vaccination.
How do I book my flu vaccination? BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL
To book your staff flu vaccination click on the link in the table above on your preferred location and date. This will take you to an online booking form where you will choose an available time for your vaccination (select Quantity = 1 from the scroll box).
Important information I need to know:
- Bookings close at 4pm the day before the scheduled vaccination day. No changes are possible after this time.
- Only staff who are employed directly by the University are eligible for a free flu vaccination (ie staff employed as continuing, part-time, casual or direct contract)
- Bookings are accepted on a “first come first served basis”, so don’t delay.
- You can cancel or change your booking if needed - refer below
- If you are having the flu vaccine for the first time you will be required to wait 15 minutes after the vaccination to ensure that you don’t experience any adverse effects.
- You must report to the reception desk to have your name marked off before proceeding to the vaccination waiting area.
- If you are pregnant please consult your doctor before booking a flu vaccination.
- If you have a chronic illness please consult your doctor regarding the flu vaccination.
How do I cancel or change a booking?
Please go to the booking site and follow the steps below:
TO CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
1. Enter the email address you used for the booking
2. If you have not created an eventbrite account, an email will be sent to you to activate one (only required to do this step once)
3. Once activated, you will be taken to Eventbrite.com where you can now change/cancel your tickets. Click on 'View Order'
4. Click 'Cancel Order'. An email confirmation will be sent to you and AVS.
TO CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
Book a new flu vaccination with your preferred time and follow the instructions above to cancel the other vaccination you had scheduled. Alternatively call AVS on 02 8096 3268 and a member of the team will assist.
What do I need to bring?
Fill out the consent form and bring it with you to hand to the vaccination nurse. Spare copies of the consent form will be available for completion onsite if you forget.
What does it cost?
Flu vaccinations are being provided for free to all University staff (continuing, fixed term and casuals).
Who is providing this service?
Vaccinations will be administered by the highly experienced immunisation team at Australian Vaccine Services (AVS). To find out more about AVS follow the links from the booking page, or Australian Vaccination Services Flu Vaccination Resources.