To be considered for admission, an applicant is required to have:
- an Australian bachelor's degree or higher in a related discipline with a credit average (65 percent) or equivalent qualification or
- an Australian bachelor's degree or higher in a related discipline with less than a credit average (minimum 50 percent required) or equivalent qualification, and satisfactory performance in the GMAT (for guidance, the class average score is 630) or equivalent Business School approved admissions test.
Applicants must also fulfill the following three criteria: (i) complete a selection interview; (ii) provide a statement of motivation (outlining what will be achieved professionally and personally by completing the course); (iii) provide a recent CV; and (iv) demonstrate a high level of proficiency in a minimum of two languages, one of which can be English.
Any grade requirements listed are based on the University of Sydney grading system .
For qualifications awarded outside Australia, equivalencies and entry requirements are determined based on the country, institution and qualification. For a guide to common international qualifications and equivalent entry requirements visit University of Sydney Business School entry guide .
CEMS Master’s in International Management (CEMS MIM)
Students undertake the CEMS Master’s in International Management in the second and third semester of the Master of Management (CEMS) program.
Prior to commencing their MMGT (CEMS) program, students will be required to indicate their preference for all 28 CEMS universities. Students are then allocated on the basis of their admission ranking and their preferences. The admission ranking will be based on the following:
- Intellectual Potential & Knowledge (formal education, ability to analyse, learn/reflect, prior knowledge in the business field)
- Attitude & Soft Skills (Desire to achieve, Interpersonal competences, Integrity, Critical Thinking, Motivation for the MIM Programme)
- International orientation (curiosity for differences, sensitivity & adaptability, spirit of facing challenges, international openness)
Places at CEMS Universities are limited to generally one slot per year (although extra slots are occasionally available for the most popular exchange Universities).
Learning and teaching at all CEMS Universities will be delivered in English. The languages you declare as CEMS languages have no bearing on your final allocation.
You will be advised of your CEMS Universities allocation by the third week of your first semester in the Master of Management (CEMS) program. All CEMS Universities allocations are final and non-negotiable.
Additional requirements for the CEMS MIM
Students must complete the following additional requirements in order to graduate from the CEMS MIM:
CEMS MIM Language requirements
Students must be fluent in a minimum of two languages, one of which can be English. If a student's mother tongue is not English then they will not be required to undertake language testing, unless they wish to. If a student's mother tongue is English then they will be required to undertake language testing in their second language. CEMS language testing takes place in April and September every year and is made up of both a written and oral component.
As part of the program students will be required to undertake a third language to an elementary level. Please note that the CEMS Language requirement is an exit requirement and must be completed prior to graduation.
For more information on the CEMS language requirements please contact the program manager Lance Graham: email@example.com