The DVC Education Portfolio hosts regular seminars and talks focussing on evolving and revolutionising learning and teaching through technology. Come along and hear visiting experts and learn about practical, hands-on teaching strategies from colleagues across the Faculties, Education Portfolio and ICT.
Are you interested in using technology to improve your students' learning? The edtech network brings members of the university community together to hear about the latest edtech developments, and to share their ideas, experiments and successes in using technology in their teaching. The Network meets for the #edtech talks. Join and contribute to how Sydney uses technology for teaching.
For more information, please contact: Susan Atkinson or phone (02) 9036 7033.
#edtech Network resources
These resources are available from previous #edtalks.
- Motivating students to do formative assessment – Dr Bryn Jeffries (video)
- Developing rubrics for use across assessment types within a program – Dr Liz New (video)
- How can goal setting infrom MOOC design? – Simon McIntyre (pptx 11.53Mb)
- The development of the onthewards website for junior doctors – Dr James Edwards - (video)
- Scoop.it – Catherine Smyth (video)
- Smart Sparrow: Using learning analytics to measure student engagement in case based learning – Dr Vanessa Hughes (pptx 2.43Mb)
- Multimedia marking rubrics and feedback for clinical skills assessment – Dr Kate Edwards (pdf 1.68Mb)
- NSWLAWG Meeting 30 June 2015 – Introduction (video)
- NSWLAWG Meeting 30 June 2015 – Adam Bridgeman Using academic data to personalise support in a large faculty (video)
- NSWLAWG Meeting 30 June 2015 – Kate Thompson A multimodal method for analysing complex learning (video)
- NSWLAWG Meeting 30 June 2015 – Plenary discussion including an analytics taxonomy (slides 1.45Mb)
- Dr Ehssan Sakhaee - Flipping with Edutainment - slides (22.3Mb)
- Samantha Haley - Enhancing workforce readiness through Voice Board and Kaltura Media - slides (1.6Mb)
- Professor Adam Morton - Blogging as a Pedagogy - slides (3.6Mb) and blog post
- Dr Rosanne Quinnell - CampusFlora - WordPress site, the webApp and twitter.
- The slides and recording of Dr Abelardo Pardo and Dr Melanie Nguyen
- Adam Bridgeman - Guided Inquiry in First Year Chemistry - Powerpoint Slides (25Mb pptx)
- Voice recording of Professor Peter Bol - Who Learns What, When, and How? Parsing the 2 Million Registrants in HarvardX MOOCs
- Professor Peter Bol - PowerPoint slides (2.7Mb)
- The slides and recording of Professor Simon Bates' seminar on Flipped Classrooms
- The slides and recording of Dr James Humberstone's seminar on Student-negotiated assessment
- The slides and recording of Associate Professor Gareth Denyers' on Fostering student engagement and participation using online tools in and out of class
- The slides and recording of Danny Liu's on Fostering student engagement and participation using online tools in and out of class
- Blended Learning resources from the 2013 Sydney Colloquium
- Teaching Insight: Flipped Classrooms (42kb Pdf)
- Ask Charlie! and Academic Professional Development (4.7Mb Pdf)
© 2018 Education Portfolio. Last Updated: 11-Aug-2016
Phone: +61 2 8627 5252 | Fax: +61 2 9351 4331
Level 2, South, Fisher Library (F03), The University of Sydney NSW 2006