OLT funding for strategic projects
The Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) has announced that applications are now open for strategic projects commissioned in response to key issues in the Australian higher education sector in the following areas:
- Learning analytics: how can it assist us with student retention?
- Graduate employability: how can universities best support students to develop generic skills?
- Technology enabled learning: how can student learning outcomes be enhanced?
- National learning and teaching resource audit and classification
- Good Practice Reports: Postgraduate research and coursework degrees; Standards
Projects 1–3 are larger strategic projects of national interest. The OLT anticipates proposals for funding of $220,000 and beyond and may award one or more grants to address a strategic topic. Project 4 has funding available of up to $150,000. The Good Practice Reports (Project 5) have funding of $30,000 each.
The timeframe is tight with the information having only just been sent out. Applications are due at the OLT no later than 5pm (AEST) Friday 28 June 2013. More information and application instructions may be found here.
If you are interested in making an application:
- Download the instructions - note that some projects call for inter-institutional proposals.
- Contact Alison Kuiper. If there are others in the university who are interested in the same project she will arrange for you to make contact in case this will strengthen the application.
- Inform the Institutional Contact Officer (ICO) Myrophora Koureas of your intention to apply and arrange for your application to be with her for the institutional letter of support by Friday 21 June 2013.