PhD, Masters and Graduate Diploma

The Graduate Certificate course can be a pathway to a Graduate Diploma or Masters of Education or PhD. The MEd coursework degrees are offered through the Faculty of Education and Social Work and with the scope to take units of study with a higher education focus, provide another opportunity for the continuing professional development of university teachers.

For those interested in a focus on Higher Education, a non-designated Masters of Education usually comprises the four core higher education units of the Graduate Certifcate, and four other units from the postgraduate program offered by the Faculty of Education and Social Work.

Some possible units with a higher education focus are listed in the menu on the left of this webpage. These two units EDPR 6001 and EDPR 6012 do not have prerequisites and may be completed before enroling in the Graduate Certificate.

Details of the enrolment requirements for Masters program are provided in the Faculty’s Graduate Handbook. Please contact Tai Peseta with any coursework queries.

It is Faculty policy not to count units of study towards more than one degree. If, during your studies on the Graduate Certificate, you decide to continue to a higher degree, you should advise the faculty office that you do not wish to graduate with the Graduate Certificate.

Course fees for the Graduate Certificate are waived by the University for University of Sydney staff, provided staff have permanent residency/citizenship status. However, for units of study in the Masters courses full fees will be charged by the Faculty of Education and Social Work.

Research Higher Degrees

The EI Team also offers Masters by Research and PhD Supervision in the various expertise areas of its staff, through arrangements with various faculties. The EI Team contributes to the supervision of a vibrant community of Higher Education research students. Click here to see the list of EI Research Higher Degree students.

To discuss the possibility of undertaking a Masters by research or PhD in the EI Team please contact Professor Adam Bridgeman.