The 2019 ACUR Undergraduate Research Exchange Colloquium is being held on Wednesday 4 December 2019 by the Australasian Council for Undergraduate Research in conjunction with the University of Sydney Business School. The Colloquium is free for University of Sydney staff, and is designed to be an opportunity for supervisors, academics and university managers to:
- exchange good practice, share ideas and resources;
- extend knowledge of how to strengthen existing provision;
- exchange practical ideas and advice on supervising undergraduate researchers;
- discuss future possibilities of UGR in general, for example, in relation to developing employability and graduate qualities;
- hear about and exchange research ideas and pedagogical frameworks on how to develop student research;
- strengthen the community of interested practitioners.
If you are a university leader with responsibility for developing future-ready graduates and encouraging undergraduate engagement with research, or an academic with responsibility for developing research-based, inquiry-based, curricula, or someone who supervises undergraduate research projects, then this colloquium will be of interest to you.
As most Australasian universities recognise the importance of undergraduate engagement with research in preparing students for professional life in the twenty-first century, many now have programs to encourage undergraduate student research and inquiry. The Colloquium will include student views and perspectives from across Australasia, and will enhance your understanding and practice of best-practice undergraduate research.
When: Wednesday 4 December 2019. 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
Where: The University of Sydney Business School, Abercrombie Building, Camperdown, Sydney.
Program: The program is available and includes researchers and practitioners who work in the space of promoting undergraduate research.Register for the Colloquium