The everyBODY Study provides assistance with healthy eating and physical activity to reduce weight. The study aims to investigate the effectiveness of two different programs tailored to young women to address body weight and healthy lifestyle. Participants will be randomly allocated to one of these programs. Both programs have been previously shown to assist participants to lead a healthier lifestyle and manage their weight in middle to later aged women. However, we are investigating which program works best in young women aged 18-25 years.
The study takes place over 12 months.
In the first 3 months the study will involve:
• 3 individual appointments with a dietitian (Weeks 1, 12 and 26)
• 2 optional drop in/phone consult appointments with the dietitian (week 6 & 8)
• 11 weekly group sessions that each run for 60-90 minutes
• 4 telephone coaching/consultations with a dietitian (week 2, 4, 10 & 18)
• 2-3 electronic SMS messages will be sent to participants weekly, starting from week 1 to Week 26. The electronic messages are designed to dovetail the content of the sessions.
Between 4-12 months the study will involve:
• 2 group/individual sessions - 6 weeks and 3 months after the program ends
Ethics approval committee number: X16-0218
To be eligible to participate in this study, you should be: