The trial runs for 8 weeks and you would need to:
- Attend Westmead Institute for Medical Research & Westmead Hospital twice (before medication and after 8 weeks of medication) to complete interviews, questionnaires, cognitive tests, and brain scans.
- Have a blood pressure check at week 2, at Westmead or by your GP.
- Have a doctors appointment at Westmead Hospital at week 4, to check your medication dose.
During the trial, you would not be able to use any other treatments for your binge-eating symptoms.
Ethics approval number: HREC/17/WMEAD/490
You may be eligible to participate in this study if:
- You are 18-40 years old
- You have Moderate to Severe Binge-Eating Disorder
- Your Body Mass Index is 20 – 45kg/m2
Please contact the research team who will discuss the full eligibility criteria with you.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact Jenny by email here or phone: 8627 3321