1. Student travel awards
The organising committee has set up a number of student travel awards to encourage students to attend the meeting. The awards are competitive and are worth $250 each. Please send your CV (2 pages max) to to Chu Kong at email@example.com to apply.
2. ComBio presentation awards for early career researchers (ECRs)
The SPG and QPG will be using ECPM to launch a ComBio initiative this year. One ECR from each protein society will be selected based on his/her talk at ECPM. The awardee will be guaranteed a speaking slot at the ComBio conference in Perth this year. In addition, a travel subsidy will be provided.
To apply, you must:
- be a SPG/QPG member as of Jan 2013
- be an ECR (5 years or less post-doctoral experience, students are not eligible)
- committed to attend ComBio in Perth (Sep 29th to Oct 1st, 2013) if chosen for this initiative
Please note that Early Bird registration for ComBio closes on the 5th of July (before ECPM), however, the 2 ECR winners will be allowed to register for ComBio at a later date and still pay the Early Bird Registration fee.
In addition, you must:
(1) Register for ECPM and apply to give a talk at ECPM as well as tick the box to indicate that you would like to be considered for the ComBio award.
(2) Send your CV (2 pages max) to Chu Kong at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 28th of June.
(3) Submit an abstract to ComBio13 (on the same or a related topic as presented at ECPM) by the 5th of July.
3. Prizes for best oral presentations and posters
There will be several prizes for the best oral presentations and posters for both students and postdocs.