Skip to main content


Cadetships allow you to complete university studies while being employed and gaining professional experience. Usually your program of study is tailored to meet both your work and study requirements.

In some situations, you can attend evening classes to fit around your work requirements or complete your studies part time.

Cadetships in Business

You can complete your cadetship at the Business School while studying the Bachelor of Commerce with an Accounting, Commercial Law or Finance major. Your timetable is tailored to help you meet both your academic and work requirements and selected majors can be completed on a part-time basis, with evening classes available.

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cadetship programs

If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student enrolled full-time in undergraduate study at the University, you may be able to complete a cadetship. These are three-year, part-time employment contracts providing you with paid workplace experience within your chosen profession. They can also enhance your employment prospects when you graduate.

You are required to work 420 hours each year. This can be completed either one day each week with the remainder worked during semester breaks, or in two blocks of time during your semester breaks.  

To be eligible you need to be registered with the Australian government’s Indigenous Cadetship Support (ICS) program.

For more information about cadetships, contact us at

Student Centre

Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building, Darlington Campus
Opening Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Last updated: 24 March 2017

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage– we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.