Skip to main content

Faith and religion

Our chaplains come from a range of faiths and can provide spiritual guidance and leadership to all students.

Multifaith chaplains

Chaplains are professionals who have been appointed by their faith community and officially recognised by the University to provide spiritual support and pastoral care to students on campus. They are not direct employees of the University.

Based in the Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre on the Darlington Campus, the chaplains can help individuals work through spiritual concerns; provide advice, counselling or advocacy; and create opportunities for people of the same faith to connect across faculty and cultural barriers.

Anyone who is linked to the University can contact the chaplaincy service for free and confidential support. Some chaplains are regularly available in the Chaplaincy Centre while others may require an appointment.

Reach out to a chaplain or make an appointment.

Prayer facilities

The Multifaith Chaplaincy Centre manages a range of prayer facilities and activities, including an Islamic Prayer room in the Old Teachers College and regular Friday prayers.

Find out more about the facilities available.

Getting involved

There are many student-run spiritual and religious clubs available and active on campus.

Find out what’s on offer and how to get involved.

Student Centre

  • Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building, Darlington Campus

Make an enquiry

Opening hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Extended in-person opening hours first two weeks of semester and during exams.

Last updated: 27 November 2018

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.