Skip to main content

Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme

If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student, you can access individual or group tuition to assist you with your studies.


The Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS) is available to all eligible undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students on a case-by-case basis. Tutoring is available throughout your degree.  

The amount of tutoring you can receive depends on the credit point value of your subject. For example, a six credit point subject is eligible for 28 hours of tutoring per semester, or approximately two hours each week.

You may also be eligible to apply for an extra five hours of exam preparation tutoring at the end of the semester.

To apply, you'll need to make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and submit an online application.

Tutoring can begin once the ITAS coordinator has approved your application.

You can find more information in the ITAS student guidelines (pdf, 301KB) or contact the Mana Yura Student Support Team at

Drop-in writing tutor sessions

If you’re not signed up to ITAS or you’d like another opinion on your writing, you can access support through our drop-in writing service.

The tutors can help you to interpret essay questions, develop your ideas and reference correctly as well as providing advice on structure, argumentation and clear writing.  

The service is available from week 5 (9 to 13 April) through to STUVAC (11 to 15 June).

11am to 1pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays
Tutoring room 318, level 3, Old Teachers' College
Camperdown Campus

Drop in to say hello, or book an appointment online and choose the Mana Yura schedule.

Last updated: 16 January 2019

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.