Skip to main content

Moving into the new curriculum

How to apply

Applications to move into the new curriculum in Semester 2, 2018 will be open from 1 May to 30 June 2018.

To apply, you will need to submit an internal course application in Sydney Student. In your application, select the course name that matches your current course, this will be the new curriculum version.

If you have any questions about your eligibility or how to apply, contact us at

Credit for previous study completed in your current course

If you've applied to move into a new curriculum version of your course, you will be assessed for credit for any study previously completed.

When we assess your credit for previous study we will:

  • take into account your Semester 1 2018 results
  • assume that you are seeking the maximum credit possible
  • consider the impact on the duration of your course of study, if you are a student visa holder.

You will be able to accept or decline credit offered for each unit of study.

It may not be possible to offer credit for all of your previous study because the award requirements in the new curriculum course differ from those in your current course.

You might need to attain additional credit points in order to meet the new progression requirements. For example, your current course may require that you complete a major comprising 36 credit points from the second and third year of your course. A new course will typically require that you complete a major comprising 48 credit points from the first three years of your course, plus a minor of 36 credit points.

Student Centre

  • Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building, Darlington Campus

Make an enquiry

Opening hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Extended in-person opening hours first two weeks of semester and during exams.

Last updated: 19 July 2018

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.