Skip to main content

Careers at Sydney

We attract the best and brightest minds

Our team of people are improving lives though their research and contribution to our community. Join us at an exciting time, as we work to build the next stage in the life of the University of Sydney.

We offer flexible employment arrangements so you can maintain a healthy work/life balance.

We encourage innovation and excellence across the board. Every employee has the opportunity to participate in a performance development program that aligns with our core values.

We’ve created an inspiring working environment and are always looking for people who can both contribute and benefit from it.

So if you are passionate about what you do, and interested in what we do, search our current roles, or sign up for job alerts now.

Coming from overseas?

We can help you to apply for a visa
You’ve been offered a job: Most visas used by international staff and visitors at Australian universities fall into the category of “employer sponsored visas”. These visas may include work rights for accompanying family members, enable dependent children to attend school and offer a range of options in terms of period of stay.
International staff
You’ve been offered training or research: If you’ve been offered structured or workplace based training or research, you’ll need a Research and Training subclass 402 visa - occupational trainee stream.
Occupational trainee stream
You’re a visiting academic: If you’ve been invited to collaborate on an Australian research project you’ll fall into the category of an affiliate and need a Research and Training subclass 402 visa - research stream.
Visiting academic
You’re on a short term academic engagement: If you’re spending a short period of time in Australia and attend a conference or engage in research discussions or collaboration with University of Sydney staff you will probably need a Temporary Visitor – Business Visitor Stream visa.
Temporary visa