Chair of Department
- Associate Professor Ari Heinrich
ARC Future Fellow
- Ms Irene An
- Dr Susette Cooke
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- Dr Chiew Hui Ho (Affiliated with the Buddhist Studies Program)
Lecturer in East Asian Buddhism
- Dr Esther Klein
Early Chinese historiography and historical narrative; Warring States, Qin, and Han Intellectual History; Early Chinese textual history and commentarial practices.
- Dr Joyce Nip (Joint appointment with the Department of Media and Communication)
Media in Chinese society, communication and social change.
- Associate Professor Linda Tsung
Chinese linguistics, Chinese Pedagogy, second language acquisition, social and political changes in China, multi-culturalism and multi-lingualism in China, minority education.
- Dr Sean Moores (Affiliated with the Department through the Asian Studies Program)
Lecturer in Chinese and East Asian Thought
- Dr Wei Wang
Contrastive rhetoric and discourse studies between Chinese and English, translation studies, second language acquisition, critical discourse analysis.
- Ms Xiaowei Zhang
Cross-cultural communication and understanding; development of curricula and teaching materials; Chinese language acquisition in the multi-cultural classroom.
- Dr Xiaohuan Zhao
Senior Lecturer in Chinese Literature
- Bonnie McDougall
- Ruili Sun
- Jiefen Li
- Bil Cong
- Ni Li
- Peirou Tong
- Zhe Li
- Tyler Pike