Executive Master of Public Administration
The Executive Master of Public Administration is offered through the Australian and New Zealand School of Government.
To be awarded the Executive Master of Public Administration, students must successfully complete a total of 11 units of study (72 credit points), comprising:
- all seven (7) core units of study (42 credit points) listed under the heading Core units of study (Executive Master of Public Administration);
- a capstone unit, Work Based Project (12 credit points);
- a finance elective (GSOG6004 Managing Public Expenditure) (six credit points); and
- a maximum of two (2) elective units of study (up to 12 credit points) from a list of recommended elective units of study.
Core units of study
Students must complete the following seven core units of study (42 credit points):
- ANZG6006 Delivering Public Value
- ANZG6007 Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- ANZG6008 Designing Public Policies and Programs
- ANZG6009 Government and the Market Economy
- ANZG6010 Leading Public Sector Change
- ANZG6011 Governing by the Rules
- ANZG6XXX Managing Public Sector Organisations - NEW Unit of Study
Managing Public Expenditure
All students enrolled in the Executive Master of Public Administration are required to complete their finance elective at their enrolled university. Students enrolled in the Graduate School of Government, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Sydney must complete Managing Public Expenditure (GSOG6004) as their finance elective.
Elective units of study
The Graduate School of Government at the start of the academic year will provide a list of elective units of study. View current list of elective units of study.
An applicant for admission to the Executive Master of Public Administration shall meet entry requirements as specified by ANZSOG. For further information applicants should contact ANZSOG for details.
Duration of course
Part-time: Students undertake one or two units per semester, typically completing the program in two to four years.
Example degree progressions:
The following table shows an illustrative program of study for a sponsored domestic student enrolled in the Executive Master of Public Administration. Note, the new core unit Managing Public Sector Organisations is completed over three semesters.
||Units of study
||ANZG6006 Delivering Public Value
||ANZG6009 Government and the Market Economy
||ANZG6007 Decision Making Under Uncertainty
||ANZG6008 Designing Public Policies and Programs||GSOG6004 Managing Public Expenditure
||ANZG6010 Leading Public Sector Change
||ANZG6011 Governing by the Rules
||ANZG6012 Work Based Project
All enquiries regarding the Executive Master of Public Administration can be made to Dr Joanne Kelly.
Phone: +61 2 9351 2313
Fax: +61 2 9036 5183