Associate Professor Behrooz Mahmoodi-Bakhitiari
Behrooz Mahmoodi-Bakhtiari is Associate Professor of Linguistics and Persian, Department of Theatre, Faculty of Fine Arts at the University of Tehran.
Iranian linguistics and dialectology (especially typological studies), Linguistic pathology, Persian and English (Language, Literature, Comparative linguistic and literary studies), Dramatic Literature, Iranian Studies (Iranology).
- 2004 Ph.D., Linguistics, Allameh Tabataba'i University (ATU), Tehran, Iran.
Dissertation: Case Systems in the New West Iranian Languages: A Typological Study)
- 1999 M.A, Linguistics, ATU. Thesis: Tense in Persian1996 B.A, English Literature, ATU. (Minor: English Translation; Graduated with honors)
- Translation of M. L. Davigoods's WOMEN WHO CHANGED HISTORY. Tehran: Asar Press,1996.
- With Mohammad-Ali Din-Mohammadī,Translation of N. Chomsky et al. ACTS OF AGRESSION. Tehran: Jan-o-Xerad, 2000.
- With Mahbod Qaffārī and Hasan Zolfaqari. LET’S LEARN PERSIAN! A course in Persian Language. 5+3+3 vols., (elementary, Intermediate, pre-advanced, advanced, Readings from Persian Literature, with work books and teachers’ guides). Tehran: Iranian Ministry of Education, 2001-2004, Reprinted 2004.
Also available online at http://imp.lss.wisc.edu/lss/mediacat/pe/1/009/.
- TENSE IN PERSIAN: ITS NATURE AND USE. Munich: Lincom Europa, 2002.
- GOLESTAN-E ERAM. (Critical Edition, with introduction and annotations).Tehran: Ata’i,2002.
- STUDIES ON THE TYPOLOGY OF THE IRANIAN LANGUAGES. (Edited Volume). Fremont: Jain Publishing Company
- KINSHIP TERMINOLOGY IN THE NEW WEST IRANIAN LANGUAGES. Munich: Lincom Europa.