Dr Eleanor Cowan
BA Sydney LLB Sydney PhD Exeter
Lecturer in Roman History
A14 - The Quadrangle
The University of Sydney
|Telephone||+61 2 9351 2998|
|Fax||+61 2 9351 3918|
- Roman history, especially the Late Republic and Early Principate
- History of ideas and concepts
- Writers of the Augustan and Tiberian periods
- Democracy and the Roman Plebs
Teaching and supervision
- LATN 1600 Introduction to Latin
- ANHS 1600 Foundations for Greek History
- ANHS 1601 Foundations for Roman History
- ANHS 2601 Ancient Imperialisms
- ANHS 2602 Law, Disorder and Ideology
- ANHS 2610 SPQR
- ANHS 3611 Research Issues in Roman History
- ANHS 3632 Livy: Republics past and present
- Optimus Status. The Roman Republic from Cicero to Tiberius.
- Writing the Roman Revolution: Velleius Paterculus.
Papers and Conference submissions
- 7 June, 2014. ‘Writing the Roman Revolution. Velleius Paterculus’. The Roman Society, UK
- 2013. ‘Abiding by the law in Cicero's forensic rhetoric’. Australasian Society for Classical Studies. January 19th.
- 2010. ‘Appian and Deceit’. Appian Conference (University of Sydney). April 5th.
Error Code: APO Webservice is down, API: getHonoursSupervisor Arguments: array ( 'in0' => '1118775', ). Error Fetching http headers