Boundary Lane Children's Centre
Boundary Lane Children's Centre is a long day care centre that caters for 56 children per day between the ages of 0 - 5 years. It is managed by Abercrombie Street Child Care Limited, a company incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 and trading under the name Boundary Lane Children's Centre.
We appreciate that teaching and learning have taken place on this land for thousands of years, and acknowledge the Cadigal/Gadigal people of the Eora Nation as the traditional owners of the land.
We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusive practices through providing an equitable, accessible, affordable, and high quality service.
We believe learning is influenced by social and cultural contexts, and that meaningful relationships between children and adults are vital to this process.
As members of a very dedicated team, we believe in the importance of strong and positive relationships between children and educators. We therefore highly value the consistency and continuity of our educators.
- Our children are at the core of everything we do. We believe that each child has a right be loved, valued, cared for and supported. We empower children and help them to make choices that encourage confidence and positive development.
- We acknowledge that the formative years are a special time in a child’s life and that play is essential during this exciting period of learning and discovery.
- We believe in viewing children as unique individuals, as well as fostering their ability to interact positively within a group.
- For children of preschool age, we emphasise programs designed to extend their abilities and confidence, supporting their transition to school.
- We believe that all families, cultures, religions, beliefs and values should be respected and reflected equitably in our service. We aim to create a tolerant and respectful environment by exposing children and families to these differences.
- We recognise that each child is part of a family and a community that includes adults and children who have significant relationships with that child. We respect the family as the primary caregivers and believe it is important to encourage their input and support them by working together in partnership.
- Our educators are dedicated, qualified professionals who constantly aim to deliver the highest possible level of care through the development of reciprocal relationships, and the provision of quality education and care to children and their families.
- We believe in encouraging and supporting our educators as they continue their lifelong learning through professional development, further studies, and interacting with children, families and the community.
- Our educators strive to create and maintain an engaging environment that is filled with interesting and motivating resources, in order to encourage exploration, a sense of achievement, and fun!