Enrolments and variations of enrolment
Enrolment is the process by which students enrol in a particular award course and units of study. Potential undergraduate and postgraduate students are required to enrol according to the procedure outlined in their offer letter. Enrolment usually occurs in late January and throughout February for Semester 1 and in July for Semester 2.
Local undergraduate students can choose to defer the payment of their fees through the HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP loan schemes, while local postgraduate students can utilise the FEE-HELP loan scheme. Both continuing and potential local students must choose to either pay upfront, pay partially or defer their course fees prior to the census date each semester. International students are required to pay their course fees to the International Student Office before they will be permitted to enrol.
All changes to enrolment must be made prior to the census date or students may be forced to pay additional course fees. For first semester this is the 31st of March and for second semester the 31st of August.
Potential undergraduate and postgraduate students should enrol into their course through the online student portal, according to the directions in their offer letter.
- It is anticipated that current students who intend to continue their enrolment in 2013 will be able to enrol online through the new student portal from December 2012. NOTE: Exact details about this process will be communicated to students late in 2012. It is expected that continuing students will have completed their online unit of study selection for 2013 no later than the end of January 2013.
- Once enrolled, students are required to pay their tuition and amenities fees within 14 days of receiving the invoice.
- After payment is complete, students are posted a student ID card.
- Students who would like transport concessions should apply via the Card Centre website or in person at the Campus Card Centre.
- Continuing students who have failed to enrol online for 2013 by the end of January may be required to enrol in person on a date and time designated by the Business School.
Once a student is successfully enrolled in an award course, it is possible to vary the enrolment through the online student portal Enrolment variations can only be made in the periods designated by the Student Centre, and student access may be restricted during January. Enrolment variations may only be made before the following deadlines: