Exceeding a standard semester full-time load
The standard full time load for students is 24 credit points per semester.Permission to exceed a standard full time load is granted on the understanding that the student is fully responsible for their own academic performance and will not be entitled to any special consideration as a direct consequence of their increased workload.
Steps to follow
- The student fills out the online Exceeding a Standard Semester Full-time Load Application Form on the Business School website by the deadline specified.
- The Student Information Office notifies the student by email of the outcome of their application.
- If the application is approved, the student will be requested to present the approval email at the Student Information Office counter in order to successfully vary their enrolment.
- No undergraduate student will be permitted to enrol in more than 24 credit points in a semester during the first year of their award course.
- No postgraduate student will be permitted to enrol in more than 24 credit points during the first semester of their award course.
- Students who have previously been granted permission to exceed the standard full-time study load in a semester and have failed a unit of study in the given semester will not be permitted to exceed the standard load again.
- Students must have completed a standard full time enrolment load previously while maintaining a credit average (65%) in order to be considered for exceeding a standard full time load.
- Students accepted into Industry Placement Program units of study will not be permitted to exceed a standard load.
- Permission to exceed a standard full-time semester load does not allow students to exceed the total credit point limit of their award course. Please consult your handbook for information regarding your degree structure.
- Permission to exceed a standard full time semester load does not grant you permission to enrol in units of study where the pre- and co-requisites have not been met.