The University of Sydney Business School provides a comprehensive student inquiries service through the Student Information Office (SIO).
The SIO is located on Level 2 of the Merewether Building, with the main entrance facing City Road at ground level. The SIO is open for student inquiries from 9.00am - 6.00pm. For the first two weeks of each teaching semester opening hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6:00pm.
To make an inquiry, students can contact the SIO:
- In person at the front counter, Level 2, Merewether Building (facing City Road);
- By sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By phone on (02) 9351 3076;
- By fax on (02) 9351 4433; or
- By writing to SIO, Level 2, Merewether Building, H04, University of Sydney, NSW 2006.
The types of inquiries and issues that current and prospective students should contact the SIO about are:
- Admission requirements (local students only);
- Degree resolutions and award course requirements;
- Variations of enrolment, including changing units of study, withdrawal and discontinuation;
- Deferment of enrolment (postgraduate students only);
- Credit applications;
- Cross-institutional study;
- Prizes awarded by the Faculty;
- Appeals; and
- For undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students in the Business School, the SIO is the first point of contact for all administrative matters relating to academic programs. Postgraduate research students should contact the Business School Research Unit as their first point of contact.
- The SIO aims to provide efficient and professional service to all current and prospective students by offering a one-stop shop for all client inquiries. To this end the SIO attempts to answer all emails within 3 working days and ensure that all phone calls are answered immediately by Student Advisers.
- The SIO does not accept handwritten letters or incomplete applications.
- The University's Student Centre , located on the ground floor of the Carslaw Building, handles student inquiries relating to:
- Commonwealth supported student scheme, HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP;
- Semester results;
- Academic transcripts; and
- Examination timetables.
- Every Discipline in the University of Sydney Business School has a Discipline office. Students should contact the Discipline office for inquiries about:
- Availability of academic staff (for appointments etc.);
- Submission of assignments; and
- Collection of assignments.