Non award study
Enrolment in one or more units of study outside a formal degree or award course is known as non-award study. Non award students complete the same classes and assessments as other students, but do not gain credit points towards a degree. Students may wish to enrol in non-award study to meet accreditation requirements for professional bodies, sample units of study in the Business School, or pursue areas of interest outside the scope of their formal degree. All non-award study is undertaken on a fee-paying basis.
Steps to follow
- Students currently enrolled in the University of Sydney Business School (current students) oand students not currently enrolled in the Business School (prospective students) complete one of the following online applications depending on whether they wish to complete undergraduate or postgraduate study:
- Undergraduate non-award study with the Business School
- Postgraduate non-award study with the Business School
- Students must have met any pre-requisite or co-requisite requirements for the unit/s for which they are applying.
- Students are not permitted to enrol in more than 24 credit points in a semester, including any non-award study. Undergraduate students may apply for permission to exceed a standard semester load. Postgraduate students may not exceed.
- Non-award study is offered on a full fee paying basis. The Federal Government's HECS-Help and FEE-Help schemes do not cover tuition fees for units undertaken on a non-award basis.
- International students should consult with the University of Sydney's International Student Office regarding any visa implications related to non-award study.
- The Business School only processes non-award applications for semester 1 and semester 2 sessions. Applications for study in Summer or Winter sessions must be lodged directly with the University of Sydney's Summer School .
- Applications lodged after the relevant closing dates for each semester will not be processed.