If you expect to complete your award course at the end of Semester 1 or 2, your progression will automatically be assessed during your final semester of study. If you expect to complete your award course at the end of Summer or Winter School you must complete the graduation notification form once Summer/Winter School classes commence, even if you have not received a request to submit the form. The graduation notification form will only be available during the Summer and Winter sessions.
Steps to follow
- Students will automatically have their progression assessed during their final semester of study.
- Students that are identified as having an irregular progression (i.e. not completed all compulsory units, not completed a major) will be contacted and asked if special permission to vary their degree requirements has been granted.
- Students will receive an email towards the end of their final semester requesting confirmation that the assessed degree and majors are the same as what the students is expecting to receive.
- A letter of completion is then issued once the semester completion date has passed and all results appear on students' academic transcripts. This letter includes the following information:
- Award course completed
- Majors and minors (where applicable)
- Graduation ceremony date (where applicable)
- A statement that all study at the University of Sydney is conducted in English.
- Sample of a Completion Letter
Completion letters will be emailed to your university email account after:
- Semester 1 - late July
- Semester 2 - early January
- Summer School - mid March
- Winter School - mid August
Letters with official commencement and completion dates
Business School completion letters will not specify official commencement and completion dates. If you require a completion letter than contains commencement and completion dates, please submit a request for letter form to the Student Centre. This form is available at http://sydney.edu.au/current_students/student_administration/forms.shtml
Rules to remember
- If you are intending to upgrade or transfer into another course, please notify the Graduations Coordinator by emailing email@example.com
- Expect a delay if you sit for later tests and results are pending.
- Students must always keep their address up to date on MyUni.