Keep good company
Get experience before you start working
What students think:
"It's really hard to find a good position in a company".
What companies think:
"It's really hard to find talented people".
What we do:
"We bring talented people and companies together".
The University of Sydney is the university that's working with business
You may have heard the phrase, "I can't get experience without a job." That's why part of our course has you working in a real company in the real world, helping solve real business and real management problems.
And what good company you'll keep.
The official University of Sydney corporate partner is Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu who has a great input into the Master of Management curriculum. We also have strong links with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young and KPMG which rounds up the 'Big 4' (largest international accountancy and professional services firms).
Our multi-national corporate partners include Electolux, Thomson Reuters, SAP, Symantec and L'Oreal. Our other national corporate partners are Bluestar, DC Strategy and Futurestep.
We have also have also worked with not for profit organisations such as Future Direction Network, The Smith Family and Fitted for Work.
And if you qualify for the Master of Management (CEMS) degree, the list of European business partners is equally impressive. And of course you work with a company that is relevant to your particular interest.
Think of the experience you would gain working with any one of these companies.
Indeed, international experience shows that many students are offered employment while they are actually doing the work experience component of the course.
Our Student Information Office can give you more details when you apply.
Master of Management degree students are required to undertake a Business Project during the final semester of the program. Business projects are provided by Master of Management Corporate Partners and are designed as a real life learning experience.
Small teams of students work on a real business problem, provided by the Corporate Partner, and are coached and assessed by both the company and a University of Sydney Academic.
- To provide students with a real life business experience along with the opportunity to prove their skills within a professional environment.
- To provide companies with a skilled resource in the way of a professional team having the ability to focus solely on a live business concern, undertake research and provide solutions/outcomes by way of final project presentation and submitted report.
- To introduce perspective employees to the company.
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu - Scaling the Deloitte FASTRACK Innovation Challenge
- KPMG - Developing a Health Governance Toolkit
- Ernst & Young - Professional Services Competitive Study and Buyer Values - Transaction Integration
- Electrolux - Relevance of Social Media to Business
- SAP - Marketing Business Transformation Business
- Symantec - Growing the Enterprise - Lessons from Silicon Valley
- Chateau de Raissac - Managing Corporate Renewal in the French Wine Industry
- The Smith Family - Connecting the Younger Audience through Use of Social Media