Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations (GradCertHRM&IR)
|Credit Points Required||24|
|This program is not available |
to international students.
The Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations courses are specialised qualifications for those engaged in or contemplating careers in industrial relations, human resource management and related areas.
To be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations, students must successfully complete a total of four units of study (24 credit points), comprising:
- one core unit of study (six credit points)
- three elective units of study (18 credit points) with a minimum of two units (12 credit points) from 'Section A'
Core unit of study
Students must complete the following core unit of study:
- WORK5002 People, Work and Employment (foundation unit)
Elective units of study
- WORK6008 Research Tools at Work *
- WORK6011 Negotiation, Bargaining and Advocacy *
- WORK6012 Industrial Relations Policy
- WORK6017 Human Resource Strategies
- WORK6018 International Industrial Relations
- WORK6030 Performance and Rewards
- WORK6031 Recruitment and Selection *
- WORK6033 Organisational Sustainability
- WORK6034 Talent Management
- WORK6103 Gender and Work *
- WORK6108 International Dimensions of HR
- WORK6109 Unions at Work *
- WORK6114 Health and Safety at Work *
- WORK6115 Managing Diversity at Work
- WORK6116 Employment and the Law
- WORK6117 Managing HR and Knowledge Systems *
- WORK6118 Managing Communication in Organisations
- WORK6001 Organisational Analysis and Behaviour *
- WORK6002 Foundations of Strategic Management *
- WORK6003 People, Management and Technology *
- WORK6022 Special Topic in WOS
- WORK6026 Organisational Change and Development
- WORK6027 Writers on Management *
- WORK6111 Management Consulting
- WORK6119 The Innovative Firm
- WORK6120 Research Essay
- WORK6121 Founders of Enterprise *
- WORK6130 Leadership in Organisations
* These units are not offered in 2012.
The following table shows an example course progression for a student enrolled on a full-time basis undertaking four units of study per semester in the Graduate Certificate of Human Resources Management and Industrial Relations.
|Year / Semester||Unit of study 1||Unit of study 2||Unit of study 3||Unit of study 4||Total credit points|
Section A elective
Section A elective
Please Note: The information listed in this program of study example is meant as a guide only. Students should always check the requirements for individual units of study before enrolling. Students are usually able to complete the units of study for their degree in different sequences to those listed above (including Summer or Winter School sessions). You are advised to plan your program based upon your individual needs and to contact the Student Information Office if you need any assistance in planning your progression in your course.
For entry into this course, students must have either met the entry requirements as for the Graduate Diploma OR have at least three years of relevant work experience.
For details of the English language requirements for entry into this course, please refer to the page headed 'English Language Requirements for International Students' under the Admissions information on the University's website.
Minimum duration of course