Conditions of use
This page applies to all students of the University of Sydney and the information:
- sets out the Conditions of Use of the plastic student identification card at the University;
- outlines eligibility for and issue of Transport Concessions; and
- Your Student Campus Card is your University of Sydney identification card and is not valid without your signature on the back.
- Your right to use this card cannot be transferred to another person and it can only be used as instructed.
- If you are entitled to a transport concession your signature on your student card indicates your agreement to abide by the conditions of use as published by the relevant transport authorities. For the conditions of use and eligibility requirements for travel concession please refer to the Transport NSW website.
- You must not obtain or continue to use student concession travel if you do not comply with the eligibility conditions.
- Providing false information, fraudulently seeking to obtain benefits for which you are not eligible, or altering or tampering with your Student Campus Card in any way could render you liable to prosecution.
- Your Student Campus Card must be carried with you at all times on the grounds of the University and must be produced on demand of any member of the staff or any other officer of the University.
- It must also be displayed when you sit formal examinations. It must be presented when borrowing from the Library, and is essential to secure the various student concessions. Should you transfer between degrees at either the undergraduate or postgraduate level, subsequent to your enrolment, it is not necessary to replace your card.
- If your Student Campus Card has been lost or stolen you can obtain a replacement from the Campus Card Centre. You will need to provide photo identification (passport, driver licence or NSW Photo Card). The cost of replacing your Student Campus Card is $25. If you are eligible for a replacement travel concession, a form is available at the Campus Card Centre.
- The form must be endorsed by the Campus Card Centre and $27 is payable to the Passes and Concession Office either in person, or by mail.
Passes & Concessions Counter
Rail Information Centre
Central Railway Station
Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 4.00pm
(Cash, eftpos and credit cards accepted)
Passes & Concessions
Locked Bag 5085
(Cheque/ money order/ credit card)
The Campus Card Centre acts as an agent on behalf of Transport NSW and is required to follow the eligibility criteria set by them when issuing travel concession. Further information and guidelines can be found at the Transport NSW website.
You must not obtain or continue to use student concession travel if you can no longer comply with eligibility conditions.
If you cease studies or enter employment prior to the card expiry date, you must return your concession card to the issuing office immediately.
Only Campus Card Centre staff are authorised to issue cards and access the University Card Management System where your information is stored. No personal information you provide to the University will be provided to ANZ or Visa by the University without your express consent.