How and when can I change degrees?

To change degrees you will almost certainly need to apply online through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) in August or September for entry in the following year.

Before doing anything discuss the matter with your faculty, because in a small number of cases an internal transfer may be possible. Each faculty has different procedures and protocols so you should ensure you understand these before proceeding with changing your degree. If you are unclear ask for written details or written confirmation that you are able to transfer your degree, receive credit for your past studies or that you are exempt from requisite courses (if appropriate).

If you are enrolled in a double degree and wish to transfer into a single degree you will need to speak with both faculties and confirm the process involved with all parties.

For more information, visit the Changing your undergraduate degree course page.