The Careers Centre delivers a series of career skills workshops and activities throughout the year to assist students with career planning and decision making, developing effective job search skills and building professional skills. These talks are primarily delivered by the Careers Centre professional staff, with some sessions delivered by invited industry guest speakers.
Previous guest presenters include PwC, Port Jackson Partners, CommBank, EY, Deloitte, KPMG, the Australian Bureau of Statistics, and the Australian Council for Educational Research.
Login to Sydney CareerHub to view and register for upcoming Career Skills workshops and activities.
Topics covered in Careers Skills sessions include:
- Job Search Skills
- Resume Writing
- Selection Criteria & Cover Letters
- Interview Skills, including Interview Practice Sessions
- Case Study Interviews
- Networking Skills
- Personal Branding
- Assessment Centres
- Psychometric Testing
- Preparing for Work: Make the Right Impression
- Career Planning
- Careers In … Industry Q&A Panels
Our Career Skills sessions are delivered via:
- Career Skills Workshops and Industry Q&A Panels open to students from all degrees and disciplines
- Sessions targeted to students from specific faculties and disciplines
- Targeted Higher Degree Research Students Careers Skills workshops and Q & A panels
- Career Development Program for International Students