Student administration

This section provides a guide to student administration at the University.

Student self-administration

Sydney Student is your online administration service, which you can use to update your personal details, enrolment information, manage your finances and many other candidature-related tasks.

Sydney Mail is your official University student email account where all official correspondence from the University is sent to.

The virtual learning space at the University of Sydney is made up of of many eLearning systems, usually accessed through the University Learning Management System (LMS) (Blackboard). If your unit of study coordinator has provided you with a unit of study website, you will find the site by logging into the LMS.

Get more information about student IT services including student email, access labs, internet use, printing and your UniKey username and password.

The Student Centre

The Student Centre assists with matters relating to admissions, enrolments, HECS and domestic fees, class timetables, examinations, results and graduations and student cards. The Student Centre also issues documents including Academic Transcripts, letters and proof of enrolment.

If you are unable to complete your enquiry or self-administration task online, you can visit the Student Centre in person on Level 3 of the Jane Foss Russell Building or make an enquiry by phone or email.

When you visit the Student Centre in person, please ensure you have your student card, drivers licence, passport or other government issued photo identification with you.

 Student Centre Enquiries Counter and Call Centre  Opening times
Throughout the year   9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Formal examination period (last 2 weeks of each semester)   8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Saturday during formal exam period  8.30am - 2.30pm

International Services

International Services provides advice and assistance relating to academic programs and visa regulations for international students, as well as administrative services including admission and fee payment. To make an enquiry in person, visit International Services on Level 4 of the Jane Foss Russell Building (open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).


Your faculty provides information and advice about course requirements, applying for a leave of absence, credit for previous study or special consideration, and to change your subject choices (if you cannot change them online).

Student Affairs Unit

The Student Affairs Unit can advise on areas such as the academic progression program, student misconduct and appeals against academic decisions.