The Sciences & Technologies of Learning
CoCo runs a weekly seminar series hosting local and international experts who present research on the sciences and technologies of learning. Seminars run on most Wednesdays in semester.
Some seminars will be available live online, dependent on the presenter's permission. See the individual seminar page (where available) for more information.
Confirmed seminars in semester 2, 2014
|10 September 2014||Prof Karl Maton & Dr Sarah Howard||TBA|
- When: Wednesdays, 11am. Seminars usually run for an hour followed by a 30min Q&A session.
- Where: Rm 230 of the Education bldg. (Unless otherwise specified in the seminar's description page).
- Online: Some seminars will be made available online at the time of the seminar using Adobe Connect, at the discretion of the speaker. They may also be stored online and if so the URL/addresses for each recording will be published via the CoCo announce mailing list.
- Coffee talk: Join everyone for coffee, cocoa and biscuits before each seminar at 10:45.
Subscribe to the mailing list: To be notified of upcoming seminars subscribe to our mailing list.
Make suggestions: To suggest a seminar topic, propose a speaker or provide feedback, please contact us at
Upcoming seminars: You can view expanded information on all public CoCo events, where available, by visiting the University events' calendar and using the Search box on the left of the page to filter results by Presented by: "Education and Social Work" and Subcategory: "CoCo".
Previous seminars have involved topics such as:
- Collaborative learning
- Learning in virtual worlds
- Learning with animation
- The design and assessment of 21st Century learning environments
- Educational design
- Technologies for academic writing
- The future of networked learning
See our past events for details.