Educational Management and Leadership
The MEd(Educational Management and Leadership) is designed for anyone who aspires to a leadership position in an educational organisation or who is interested in understanding more about management and leadership positions within these contexts.
Participants in the program come from primary and secondary schools within Australia and overseas, as well as from fields such as higher education, social work and human-resource development. International perspectives on organisations form a particular focus of the program.
Information about the entry requirements, tuition fees and opportunities for further study associated with all Master of Education designations and their component graduate certificates and graduate diplomas is published on the MEd home page.
Four units of study (three of the core units and one elective) comprise the graduate certificate; completing three units of study from the electives' list as well as three core units constitutes a graduate diploma; and successfully completing two units that may be chosen from any postgraduate program offered by the faculty, in addition to three elective units and three core units is required for the award of a Master of Education (Educational Management and Leadership).
Core units of study
All graduate-certificate, graduate-diploma and master's candidates must complete three of the following units of study.
- Organisational Theory, Management & Admin (EDPA5001)
- Organisational Culture and Change (EDPA5011)
- Program Evaluation (EDPA5013)
- Management and Leadership (EDPA6015)
Elective units of study
Graduate-certificate applicants must enrol in one of the following units of study; graduate-diploma students three; and master's candidates, at least three.
- Organisations as Learning Communities (EDPA6016)
- School Effectiveness and Improvement (EDPA6017)
- Social Policy Process (EDPA6018)
- Globalisation and Education (EDPB5002)
- Learning Tech. in Education & Practice (EDPC5003)
- Qualitative Methods (EDPK5001)
- Developing a Research Project (EDPK5003)
- Individual Profession Learning Portfolio (EDPZ5010)
- Prof Learning Leadership Portfolio (EDPZ6010)
Capstone units of study
- Special Project 1 (EDPZ6730)
- Dissertation Part 1 (EDPZ6724)
- Dissertation Part 2 (EDPZ6725)
- Dissertation (EDPZ6720) completed in one semester; counts as two units of study
The remaining two units of study that must be completed for the award of an MEd(Educational Management and Leadership) may be chosen from those already listed or from postgraduate units of study published under "Full units of study list" on the Sydney Courses database.