Thursday 1 December 2011
1. Crown Scientific and Quantum Scientific merge with VWR
Crown Scientific and Quantum Scientific merged with VWR on 1 September. Along with a new suite of private label brands, the products previously purchased through Crown and Quantum are now available through the newly launched VWR website at www.vwr.com. Please note that telephone contacts remain the same. Please ensure that the following ‘Vendor ID’ is used so that payment can be processed. The Procure to Pay (P2P) team will not be able to process purchase orders set up under Crown Scientific or Quantum Scientific.
Vendor ID: 0000109292, Short name: VWRINTL-002
2. Merck and Millipore merge
As of 7 November, Millipore is a division of Merck Pty Ltd. As a result, products from both companies must now be ordered, dispatched and invoiced on the one order. Please ensure that the following ‘Vendor ID’ is used so that payment can be processed. The P2P team will not be able to process purchase orders set up under Millipore.
Vendor ID: 002686, Short name: MERCK-001
3. Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems merge to form Life Technologies Australia
As at 2 January, Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems will merge to form Life Technologies Australia. Please ensure that from 2 January the following ‘Vendor ID’ is used so that payment can be processed. The Procure to Pay (P2P) team will not be able to process purchase orders set up under Invitrogen or Applied Biosystems.
Vendor ID: 034665, Short Name: Lifetechno
For further information, please contact:
Procurement Officer, Procurement Services
T 02 9351 4836 | F 02 9351 4592 | E email@example.com
Thursday 1 December 2011
How to create a purchase order requisition in a foreign currency
Note: Prior to creating your requisition, confirm the supplier has already been set up in the supplier database to deal in the required foreign currency.
1. Click 2. Add Items and Services to choose your supplier.
2. Click Search on the Supplier ID.
3. Enter the name of the supplier.
4. Click Find. A set of results will be generated from the supplier database.
5. Under Location the currency code and suburb/city will be listed. For example, USD - Singapore equates to United States Dollar - Singapore. Choose the required option, and continue your requisition as per the normal process.
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for each line of the requisition.
7. If the supplier does not have the currency you require, please email the new details to the , Procurement Services.
New System for Obtaining Quote Waivers for Purchasing
Procurement Services has introduced a new online system for obtaining quote waivers for purchases to help you simplify business processes and allow for local decision making.
Amendments to the Procurement Policy (formerly the Purchasing Policy) now allows quotation waivers for orders or agreements up to $200,000 to be approved by the following:-
- Faculty/Department Finance Directors
- Associate Directors, Finance
- Procurement Services Managers
To download a copy of the Procurement Policy click here.
The new online system allows you to submit applications for quote waivers online, including supporting documentation, for action by your Finance Director or Associate Director, Finance. It is also possible to track the process of an application.
The change means that Procurement Services will no longer be required to approve quote waivers. This will result in paper forms and central mailboxes being phased out.
For further information, please visit the Procurement Services website.
For technical support contact:
T 02 9351 6000