Methods of payment for international students
Paying your fees online
To pay in Australian dollars, log in to Sydney Student via MyUni. Go to the ‘My Finance’ tab and select ‘Your Finances’ then select the ‘Payment Methods’ tab and ‘Pay Online’.
Follow the prompts to make your payment.
You will need your 13-digital Customer Reference Number (CRN) to pay with BPAY. Your CRN is found in your Sydney Student Portal > My Finance > Your finances > Payment method.
Paying your fees by Western Union
The University of Sydney has partnered with Western Union to provide international students with a fast and secure payment service.
Western Union is a web-based service that allows international students to make their tuition payments as either a telegraphic transfer (in local currency where available), or via Visa or Mastercard (with the option of paying in local currency).
The service gives you the certainty of knowing the final cost of your fees, and will also speed up your receipt of the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from the University. This allows you to begin your student visa application process earlier.
For more information, please read Western Union's User Guide, FAQ, User Guide for payments from China or visit the Western Union website to make your payment.
To ensure that your funds are successfully credited to your student account, Western Union payment reference under Payment Instructions must be included on your bank’s payment instructions. The payment reference assigned to a transaction will identify your payment in the Western Union bank account.
Paying your fees in person
In-person payments can be made at the International Services office between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday. The physical address is:
Level 4, Jane Foss Russell Building
City Road, between the Wentworth and Wilkinson Buildings
NSW 2008 Australia
When paying in person you can use:
- EFTPOS linked to an Australian bank account
- credit card: Visa, MasterCard or Bankcard
- a bank draft (from an overseas bank) or bank cheque (from an Australian bank) made payable to ‘The University of Sydney’
- an Australia Post money order
- a personal cheque drawn on an Australian bank.
Remember to bring your statement of fees with you.
Paying your fees by mail
You can mail a bank draft (from an overseas bank) or bank cheque (from an Australian bank) made payable to ‘The University of Sydney’ in Australian dollars. Your student identification number (SID) and full name must be written clearly on the back of the cheque.
The University also accepts Australia Post money orders, and personal cheques that are drawn on an Australian bank.
Whatever payment method you choose – credit card or cheque – make sure you enclose your statement of fees and completed Acceptance of Offer form in the same envelope, and post it to:
The Finance Manager
Level 4, Jane Foss Russell Building, G02
The University of Sydney
NSW 2006 Australia
Notice: irregularities involving the payment of international student tuition fees & third parties claiming to be authorised international ‘agents’ of the University
The University has been notified of irregularities involving the payment of international student tuition fees for Semester 1, 2014 via online credit card payments. Third parties are claiming to be authorised international ‘agents’ of the University and offering to pay students’ tuition fees directly on behalf of the student at a discounted rate (sometimes 10-20% off).
The University’s Audit & Risk team is investigating the matter and advises you to be wary of the following:
- Offers of discounted international tuition fees. The University does not offer discounted international tuition fees through its authorised international agents.
- Individuals who cannot provide you with legitimate details of their businesses, including a registered business name, webpage, phone number and address;
- Being connected to third parties through social media channels, unsolicited emails, or ‘friends of friends’, who are not otherwise listed on the University’s agency listing;
- Third parties asking you to provide your student ID for the payment of tuition fees by those parties through our online payment gate.
To find University approved international agents, please visit the University Find An Agent webpage.
If you have any queries or believe that your circumstances fit the above description and are worried about your tuition fee payment, please contact the Director, HOA, Audit & Risk Management, Craig Prosser on +61 2 9351 2415 or .