Online payment for international students
Most of our international students choose to pay their fees with a credit card, using our Pay Online service. We accept Visa, MasterCard or Bankcard.
The Pay Online service allows you to make payments for:
- tuition fees – in full or by instalment
- compulsory subscriptions such as the Student Services and Amenities Fee
- late fees.
Making a payment online – step by step guide
Visit the University's Pay Online webpage
- At the first screen select ‘Pay my HECS/Fees’ from the transaction list.
- You will be asked to enter:
- Your student identification (SID) number
- Your given name (first name)
- Your family name (surname)
- The amount of money you want to pay
- Any comments (optional).
- your credit card number
- its expiry date
- the 3 digit code on the back of the credit card. This is sometimes referred to as the card security code (CSC), card verification code (CVC) or credit card ID (CCID).
Credit card transactions take about 10 to 15 seconds to process. After clicking the ‘Pay’ button, do not press ‘Stop’ or interrupt the web browser in any way.
If you do not receive a response confirming that your payment was successful, please do not process another transaction. Instead contact the International Student Office to find out whether the payment went through.
To prevent accidental or double payments, the system will let you make only one payment every 24 hours.
If you want to make a large payment, check your card’s daily credit limit. You may need to arrange to have the card’s credit limit raised.
It is possible to make payments over a number of days, provided the full fee owing is paid by the due date.