Diploma of Music
The Diploma of Music aims to provide vocational training in performance skills at a high level for students aspiring to a professional career in music performance and is completed in two years of full-time study. In addition to individual weekly lessons (Principal Study), students complete core studies in Music Skills, Orchestral Studies and Chamber Music or Jazz Ensembles and Improvisation.
Principal study is available in the following areas:
- Brass: French horn, trombone, trumpet, tuba
- Historical Performance: baroque flute, harpsichord, lute, recorder, viola da gamba, baroque trumpet
- Jazz Performance: bass, brass, drums, guitar, piano, vibraphone, woodwind
- Strings: cello, double bass, guitar, harp, viola, violin
- Voice: Classical
- Woodwind: bassoon, clarinet, flute, oboe, saxophone.
Students successfully complete 96 credit points and reach the minimum levels of achievement in each area as outlined in the degree resolutions.
Students should follow the typical enrolment pattern appropriate to their specialisation. Students are required to ensure the award course is completed within 2 years full-time or equivalent.