Frequently asked questions
- Where can I access the virtual desktop?
- Where can I save my data?
- Should I install updates if prompted?
- Can I install Firefox or Internet Explorer plugins?
- What restrictions are there on my virtual desktop?
- I've accidently deleted some application shortcuts from my start menu, how do I get them back?
- What is personalisation and what can I do with it?
- Are there any costs associated with the virtual desktop?
- What applications are available on the virtual desktop?
- How do I give feedback on the virtual desktop?
You can access the virtual desktop at the following locations:
- Fisher Access Centre
- PNR Learning Hub
- Carslaw Learning Hub
- Wentworth Learning Hub
- Brennan MacCallum Learning Hub
- Madsen Access Lab
- Cumberland Access Lab
- Law Access Lab
- All University libraries
IMPORTANT: Any files saved to My Documents on your virtual desktop will be deleted when you log off!
When you are using your virtual desktop, you can store your data files on any of the following:
- Removable USB media - such as a memory stick or portable USB hard drive
- Email - you may email files to yourself or others using Sydney Mail
- Faculty file server - if your faculty has a student file server, you may be able to map a network drive to it. To do this you will need to know the server name and have appropriate access.
You should regularly back up your data to an alternative location to reduce the risk of data loss.
Please ignore requests to update applications. Any software updates will be lost when you log off your virtual desktop.
Yes, you can install plugins for Firefox and Internet Explorer. These plugins will be available each time you log in to your virtual desktop.
- You cannot install software via the control panel or by running installation files. To add new software, use the Self Service App Tool by clicking on Select more apps… in the Start menu.
- You cannot add more printers. Printers within the current lab are automatically displayed. You must select the printer you wish to print to.
To restore your start menu shortcuts, you will need to:
- Restart your computer
- Log in to your virtual desktop with your UniKey
- Open the University App store
- Click on the icon for the application you would like to add.
- Click add. If the application you wish to restore has Added next to it:
* Right click the application in the University app store
* Select Remove
* Then select Add
Your virtual desktop can be setup the way you like it. You can change things like the desktop wallpaper, language settings and the colour scheme. These changes will follow you as you “roam” between computers and labs that support virtual desktop technology.
Any applications added to your profile will remain with you as you roam between computers.
There are no costs associated with using your virtual desktop. Of course you will still have to pay for your printing.
View the list of available applications here.