Change my UniKey password
- How do I change my password?
- Password criteria
- How do I come up with a new password?
- Lost your password?
These instructions will provide you with a detailed step-by-step guide on how to change your UniKey password on all of your devices.
Please follow the directions carefully in order to prevent your account from locking out:
- Set all your peripheral devices that connect to the University wireless network (i.e. all except the computer you are working on) to forget the network, then turn on Aeroplane Mode to ensure that both Wi-fi and 3G are off.
- See instructions on how to remove/forget the UniSydney network on different systems and devices.
- Use the browser on your primary computer (PC or laptop) to change your password.
- Reboot/ log off your computer and log in with your new UniKey password. If your new password isn't accepted, please wait for 5-10 minutes and try again.
- Turn off Aeroplane Mode on your peripheral devices and use your new UniKey password to:
- Reconnect to the UniSydney wireless network and
- Update your password for your email application on an iPhone/iPad and Android devices (if applicable).
- Finally, your web browser may have stored your old UniKey password. You may need to clear your cache and cookies here, re-enter your password and ask your web browser to remember your new password when prompted.
You should now be able to use your new UniKey password on all your devices and systems without any difficulties.
If you find that your new password is not working correctly, please attempt to synchronise your password. If this does not resolve your problem, contact the ICT Helpdesk on 9351 6000.
If you have lost your UniKey password, you can visit an ICT Learning Hub in order to get your password reset on the spot.
Note: It’s important that you bring some photo ID!
If you can't come in person, please contact the ICT Helpdesk on 9351 6000 to be issued a new password over the phone, after answering a few security questions.