The Sydney Law School Graduation Ceremonies will take place on:
Friday 6 May 2016
Friday 9 December 2016
Confirmation of award (coursework students)
To view your completion letter and academic transcripts, please log into your Sydney Student portal at MyUni and select the following tabs “My Studies” then “Assessments”. Completion letters will no longer be e/mailed.
If you are eligible to graduate, a completion letter will become available online in the student portal:
- approximately March for domestic students who complete their studies in December
- approximately September for domestic students who complete their studies in July
- approximately two weeks from the publication date of the final grade for international students
- your correspondence details are correct in MyUni
- your UniKey and password remain in use after completing your course
If you are unable to view your completion letter in the student portal at MyUni after the above prescribed period, please contact:
- recent graduands – please contact the Law Postgraduate Team
- non-recent graduands – you are no longer able to access your student portal, please return a Request for letter from the Student Administration website to the Student Administration Services
Sydney Law School ceremonies are held in May and November of each year. The University’s Graduations Office will forward your graduation invitation to your University email address approximately four weeks prior to your ceremony, so please ensure your details are current. The e-Invitation will advise you of the time of your ceremony, how many guests you are allowed to bring, and the details of your course. You must RSVP via the link in your e-Invitation to attend your ceremony.
Students with outstanding fee payments will not be invited to attend the Graduation Ceremony. Please contact the Domestic Compliance, HECS & Fees Office to have your payment resolved as soon as possible.
Graduating in absentia
If you are unable to attend the ceremony you may apply to have your degree conferred earlier, at a monthly meeting of the University Senate. For this to happen, you must forward a Graduating in Absentia form to the Graduations Office after receiving your confirmation of award letter from Sydney Law School. If you do not wish to attend a ceremony you may have your degree conferred earlier, at a monthly meeting of the University Senate. For this to happen you must advise the Graduations Office in writing after receiving your confirmation of award letter from Sydney Law School.
The University wishes to maintain contact with its graduates. You will be sent a copy of the JuristDiction and the Sydney Alumni Magazine. For further information, please contact the Sydney Law School
Research students will be notified of graduation on an individual basis.
Graduation ceremonies and associated alumni events will also be held in Singapore, Hong Kong and China. For further information on ceremony dates visit the Graduations website