Applications for special consideration and special arrangements are now centrally managed by the University's Student Administration Services (SAS) and the application process is an online process. For further information please visit Special Consideration.
A simple extension is an assessment extension of up to 2 working days which is granted to a student by the Unit of Study Co-ordinator. For extensions of more than 2 working days, students must apply for special consideration.
How to Apply
- You must request a simple extension directly from your Unit of Study Co-ordinator.
- Your request should be made in writing, prior to the due date for assessment where possible, and should be accompanied by supporting medical documentation or a Statutory Declaration.
- Simple extensions are not available for exams, including take-home exams.
- If a simple extension is not granted, or if you are requesting an extension of more than 2 working days, you can apply for special consideration.
- Regardless of the outcome of a simple extension request, you should attempt to submit your assessment as soon as possible.