2014 Application for Honours
- 19 September 2013
Honours Information Session and Workshop: 1 - 2pm New Law School Lecture Theatre 104.
All prospective students are strongly encouraged to attend.
- 13 December 2013
Honours application closing date.
The application form must be submitted in hard copy to the Law School Information Desk, Level 3 New Law Building. The application form must be signed by both the student and the supervisor.
WAM Cutoff: 75.0
Eligibility for Honours
In order to be eligible to undertake Honours in either Semester 1 or 2 2014, students must meet the following criteria:
1. Completion of a minimum of 16 compulsory law units of study (including LAWS1013 Legal Research I and LAWS1019 Legal Research II) by the application closing date.
- Students with credit should include the units undertaken at the other institution in this total.
- Students with less than 16 units of study will be eligible to apply for the 2015 honours program, although they may be restricted in the semester in which they enrol.
2. Satisfied requirements of their first degree by the application closing date.
3. Meet the relevant WAM cut-off.
- The WAM will be calculated on the basis of all law units of study completed at Sydney Law School by the end of Semester 2.
- Results from Foundations of Law and any electives will not be included in this calculation.
- The WAM will be calculated by adding the results from every compulsory law unit (with the exception of Foundations Law), and dividing this by the total number of units. Students must calculate their own WAM – this will not be provided to students.
4. Submission of a research proposal (Honours application form) that has been signed by both the prospective supervisor and the Honours Coordinator.