Application for Honours
2015 honours applications are now open.
- The WAM cutoff for honours eligibility in 2015 is 75.0
- 2015 Honours Information Session
- 2015 Honours Application Form
- 2015 Honours Supervisor List
- The application closing date is Monday 15 December 2014
Honours Information Session
All prospective honours students are strongly encouraged to attend the honours information session:
1pm-2pm, Thursday 23 October 2014
Law School 106, Law Annex Building
Eligibility for Honours
In order to be eligible to undertake honours in either Semester 1 or 2 2015, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Completion of a minimum of 16 compulsory law units of study (including LAWS1013 Legal Research I and LAWS1019 Legal Research II) by the application closing date.
- If you have received credit for law studies undertaken at another institution, you should include the units undertaken at the other institution in this total.
- If you have less than 16 units of study, you will be eligible to apply for the 2016 honours program, although you may be restricted in the semester in which you enrol.
2. Satisfied requirements of your first degree by the application closing date.
3. Meet the relevant WAM cut-off.
- The WAM will be calculated on the basis of all law units of study completed at Sydney Law School by the end of Semester 2.
- Results from Foundations of Law and any electives will not be included in this calculation.
- The WAM will be calculated by adding the results from every compulsory law unit (with the exception of Foundations Law), and dividing this by the total number of units. You must calculate your own WAM – this will not be provided to you.
4. Submission of a research proposal (honours application form) that has been signed by you AND your prospective supervisor.
For further information on honours, please contact