Application for Honours
2017 Application Information
- WAM cutoff for eligibility to undertake Honours in 2017: TBA
- Applications open: TBA
- Applications close: Tuesday 13 December 2016
2017 Honours Information Session
An Honours information session will be held for students interested in applying for the 2017 Honours program. Session details are as follows:
Wednesday 14 September 2016
Law School 104, Law School Annex Building
Registration is not required for this session.
Eligibility for Honours
In order to be eligible to undertake Honours in either Semester 1 or 2 2017, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Completion of a minimum of 16 compulsory law units of study (including LAWS1006 Foundations of Law, LAWS1013 Legal Research I and LAWS1019 Legal Research II) by the application closing date.
- If you have received credit for law studies undertaken at another institution, you should include the units undertaken at the other institution in this total.
- If you have less than 16 units of study, you will be eligible to apply for the 2018 Honours program, although you may be restricted in the semester in which you enrol.
2. Satisfied requirements of your first degree by the application closing date.
3. Meet the relevant WAM cut-off (TBA).
- The WAM will be calculated on the basis of all law units of study completed at Sydney Law School by the end of Semester 2 2016.
- Results from Foundations of Law and any electives will not be included in this calculation.
- The WAM will be calculated by adding the results from every compulsory law unit (with the exception of Foundations Law), and dividing this by the total number of units. You must calculate your own WAM – this will not be provided to you.
4. Submission of a research proposal (Honours application form) that has been signed by you AND your prospective supervisor.
For further information on Honours, please contact