Law & Business at Sydney Law School 2014
Sydney Law School offers an innovative and internationally recognised program in Law & Business. The aim of the program is to equip students with expertise to practise business law in a global environment. Students interested in law and business can choose from a wide array of units in the areas of:
- Corporate governance and regulation
- Corporate finance, securities law, acquisitions, restructuring and insolvency
- International perspectives
- Business law in practice
Law & Business units are taught by a distinguished and experienced group of Resident, Adjunct, and International Faculty members.
Our Resident Faculty comprises leading scholars in the field of law and business.
Adjunct Faculty members comprise a range of experts in the law and business field, including judges, barristers, solicitors and regulators. The Adjunct Faculty also includes Robert Austin, who is a Senior Legal Consultant at Minter Ellison and Challis Lecturer in Corporate Law at Sydney Law School. The Adjunct Faculty includes many of Australia's best practising lawyers.
The 2014 International Faculty includes:
- Professor Owen Anderson, College of Law, University of Oklahoma, USA;
- Mr Ron Barusch, former Partner of Skadden Arps and Wall Street Journal columnist;
- Mr J.J de Vries Robbé, FMO (Netherlands);
- Associate Professor Ian Lee, University of Toronto, Canada;
- Professor John Lowe, School of Law Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, USA;
- Professor Kent Greenfield, Boston College Law School, USA;
- Professor Frank Partnoy, University of San Diego, USA;
- Dr Peter Harris, University of Cambridge, UK.;
Students can enrol in units to gain qualifications for a range of degrees and diplomas offered by Sydney Law School.
Students can also enrol in single units as part of their professional development under the Legal Professional Development program (LPD). Single unit study students are not required to undertake assignments or examinations.
View the Law & Business Teaching Program.
In addition, Sydney Law School hosts a vibrant and continuous Law & Business conference and seminar program, which includes eminent Australian and international speakers.
View the Law & Business Seminar Program