Sydney Medical School from 1920 to 1940

From Faculty of Medicine Online Museum and Archive

Jump to: navigation, search
Related links
  1. Anderson Stuart dies in 1920
  2. James Thomas Wilson becomes third Dean of the Faculty of Medicine in 1920
  3. Arthur Edward Mills becomes the fourth Dean of the Faculty of Medicine in 1920
  4. Broughton Hall Psychiatric Clinic becomes a teaching hospital in 1921
  5. St Vincent’s Hospital becomes a teaching hospital of the Faculty in 1923
  6. John Cadell Windeyer appointed Foundation Chair of Obstetrics in 1925
  7. George Henry Bosch funds Chairs in Histology and Embryology, Medicine, Surgery and Bacteriology 1927-1930
  8. David Arthur Welsh becomes the fifth Dean of the Faculty of Medicine in 1927
  9. Claude Witherington Stump becomes Bosch Professor of Histology and Embryology in 1928
  10. John Cadell Windeyer becomes the sixth Dean of Faculty of Medicine in 1930
  11. The School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine opens in 1930
  12. Charles George Lambie becomes the first Bosch Professor of Medicine in 1930
  13. Hedley Duncan Wright becomes the first Bosch Professor of Bacteriology in 1930
  14. Sir Harold Dew becomes the first Bosch Professor of Surgery in 1931
  15. Sir Charles Bickerton Blackburn becomes the seventh Dean of the Faculty of Medicine in 1932
  16. The Rockefeller New Medical School (the Blackburn Building) opens in 1933
  17. Sir Harold Robert Dew becomes eighth Dean of the Faculty of Medicine in 1936