From Faculty of Medicine Online Museum and Archive
In this section you will find an archive of digitised publications ranging from significant brochures, newspapers, journals and magazines to full text books and publications. Read the first edition of the student published newspaper Innominate, or browse our collection of Sydney University Medical Journals. Look at entires for yourself or others in the Senior Year Books or research the medical course in the Faculty of Medicine Handbooks. In addition to these archival documents, here you will find articles on the history of the faculty and achievements of our alumni or staff. Selected Rare Books or out of print books will be made available here. Click on the following links below to read or download these publications.
- 50 Years of Discovery: A History of the Medical Foundation (2009) by Dr Vanessa Witton, Chris Rodley
- Radius Magazine 1998 to 2009
- Faculty of Medicine Handbooks 1962 to 2007
- Young, J, Sefton, A and Webb, N. Centenary Book of the University of Sydney Faculty of Medicine (1984), Sydney University Press, Sydney. Revised for E-publication 2008
- The Heart of Medicine (2008) by Lise Mellor and Simon Fieldhouse
- Doctor Look Behind You: A companion for medical students (1988) edited by Yvonne Cossart and Mollie Peglar
Sydney Medical Society (Medsoc) Publications
- The Centenary Book of the Sydney University Medical Society (1992) by Sefton, Cheng and Thong
- Feat Furst 1986
- First edition of Innominate Newspaper 1946
- Senior Year Books 1922 to 1975
- Sydney University Medical Journal 1883-1958
- Sydney University Medical Journal Jubilee 1883-1933
Hospital Publications - reprinted with permission
- Royal North Shore Hospital 1888-1988: A Century of Caring by Professor Geoffrey Sherington with assistance from Dr Roger Vanderfield
- More coming soon*
Other related publications
- Professor John Smith 1821-1855, edited by Roy MacLeod
- Anderson Stuart's Medical School: A Plan For Its Conservation (1992), by James Semple Kerr
- The Book of Remembrance: The Faculty of Medicine, compiled for the University of Sydney
- Love and Longitude, a nautical novel by Robert Scot Skirving, 1901.
Can you help us?
Do you have publications relating to the history of the Sydney Medical School that you can donate to our History Resource Library? If so, please contact Dr Lise Mellor.