Placement availability at SMS-Northern
Applications for 2016 open 1st June 2015. Any applications received before the open date will NOT be processed.
Below are tables which show the available placements for the given year. Please review these tables before filling in your preferences on the application form.
NOTE: Applications will NOT be accepted before 01st June 2015 00.00am AEST.
Before selecting your preferences:
- Only choose from placements shown to be available, indicated in the table by white squares.
- Please note the conditions placed upon some specialties, outlined below each table, and the minimum/maximum length for an elective.
- An elective of six weeks or more is spent in two different specialties unless you particularly wish to spend the entire time in one specialty. While we don't recommend this (and it is often not possible) you must make a specific request in the comments section of the application form, for this to occur.
- Electives are measured from Monday to Sunday in week blocks. Partial weeks are not available and the commencement date must be a Monday. (except for public holidays)
- Applications for 2016 open 1st June 2015. Any applications received before the open date will NOT be processed.
- All applications and inquiries MUST be addressed to the Clinical School directly. DO NOT approach individual departments or supervisors directly as no preferential treatment is given.
- Please note that Sydney is a large city and the different Hospital sites are quite a distance from each other. Please keep this in mind when choosing your preferences and when booking accommodation.