Personal and Professional Development Tutors
The overall aim of the PPD in the Sydney Medical Program is to foster qualities of
- Commitment to compassionate, ethical and professional behaviour
- The ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team accepting and providing leadership as appropriate
- Recognition of the inevitability of decision making in circumstances of uncertainty and the capacity to make rational and sensitive decisions based on the best available evidence
- The ability to recognise his or her personal physical and emotional needs and responses to stress and openness to assistance in times of need.
- Ongoing commitment to the advancement of learning within the medical community.
- Commitment to maintaining professional standards and obligations
- Commitment to improving the quality and safety of health care in students and to discuss topics relevant to these values.
In Stage 3 students work through a number of PPD topics four of which are discussed in face to face sessions led by tutors. Tutors have access to a comprehensive course guide, and are responsible for facilitating the session and assessing the students’ understanding of each topic.
The Coordinator for PPD at Northern is:
Dr Kirsty Foster
phone: 9926 4658