- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (Co-ordinator Dr Philayrath Phongsavan)
- Public Health Capstone (Co-ordinators Prof Tim Driscoll, Dr Philayrath Phongsavan, Dr Jo Lander)
- International Health Promotion (Co-ordinator Dr Philayrath Phongsavan)
- Public Health Program Evaluation Methods (Co-ordinators Professor Adrian Bauman and Dr Philayrath Phongsavan)
- Global Obesity and Health Promotion (Co-ordinator Dr Louise Hardy)
- Physical Activity and Public Health (Co-ordinator Professor Adrian Bauman)
- Mass Media Campaigns & Social Marketing (Co-ordinators Dr Philayrath Phongsavan, Professor Adrian Bauman, Professor Tom Carroll)
- Seminars in NCD Prevention & Control (Co-ordinator, Professor Adrian Bauman)
In addition to workshops, PRC staff members contribute to professional learning through
- online courses such as Exercise and Physical Activity in NCD Prevention, co-presented by PLANET, WHO-CCPANO, the Charles Perkins Centre, and ISPAH;
- colloquia such as New Strategies and Tools for Social Marketing Research and Practice; and
- symposia such as Policy Responses to Obesity Prevention in Australia.
Examples of past workshops include are listed below.
PRC members Adrian Bauman and Justin Richards, together with international colleagues, conducted a workshop to build capacity in pragmatic evalution skills for physical activity actions in multiple stakeholders from different cultures and contexts. This course was run by ISPAH and ISBNPA, and included content from the online course developed by PRC members followed by multi-day face-to-face modules. It targetted early career researchers and practicioners.
Australian Leadership Award Fellows
PRC conducted four workshops for delegates participating in the AusAid Australian Leadership Award Fellows program on child obesity prevention.
NSW Health Promotion Professionals
PRC members conducted professional development workshops, one on global obesity prevention and another on physical activity and health for health promotion professionals working in government and non-government organisations in NSW.