Evidence-based health information for consumers
- Best Treatments - 'Clinical evidence for patients from the BMJ'
- DIPEX ‘Database of Patient Experiences’ – Contains video clips of patient stories a range of conditions. Over 50 stories are collected for each module and systematically pulled together to represent a range of experiences.
- Informed Health Online – Summaries of the best available research in plain language. Produced by the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Healthcare, Germany
- Ottawa Health Research Institute – A range of patient decision aids produced by this Canadian Research Group.
- HealthInsite - Australian Government’s Health Information website for consumers
- Royal Childrens Hospital Melbourne – An excellent resource for child and adolescent health matters
- ABC Health Matters - Well-researched stories about important health issues in the community
- DISCERN – A checklist for you to use in assessing the quality of health information
Evidence-based health information for practitioners
- The Cochrane Library – Database of systematic reviews of randomised controlled trial of treatments
- Medline via PubMed - Free access to abstracts and some fulltext copies of primary studies in the medical journals.
- Bandolier - A website and monthly journal about Evidence-based Health Care