Enrolment and re-enrolment
The first thing to do if you have received an offer to study with us is to accept it, as outlined in your letter of offer.
If you have done this already, go to our Enrolment site , which will take you though the enrolment process step by step.
- Nursing Handbook: contains the rules of your course, unit of study (subject) descriptions and key policies
- Unit of Study Search: allows you to search online for different units of study and to read their descriptions
- Patterns of study: available under the information for your course
Combined degree students please note:
In your first year, you will only be selecting units from the undergraduate degree (Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts, or Bachelor of Health Sciences). For the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science, you are encouraged to start considering what area you wish to major in, as this could influence the units of study you select in your first year.
Postgraduate Specialty degree students - Study Days
There are 4 compulsory on-campus study days per semester (in block mode) for each unit of study. The current dates for Study Dates. Study dates are updated in November for the next academic year.
Application for credit
Pre-registration Nursing Courses
If you are applying for the Bachelor of Nursing (Advanced Studies), the Master of Nursing (Graduate Entry) or the Bachelor of Arts and Master of Nursing, the Bachelor of Science and Master of Nursing or the Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing, and if you have studied at another tertiary institution prior to studying with the University of Sydney you may be eligible to have this study count towards your course. This is known as ‘Credit’.
Please note the following:
- Credit awarded for previous study at the University of Sydney will not exceed 96 credit points.
- Credit awarded for previous study at another institution will not exceed 24 credit points.
- Credit for nursing units of study will not be granted for recognised previous study older than five years at the time of first enrolment.
- Credit awarded for previous study must be at an equivalent degree level.
- Credit based on work experience is not granted for pre-registration nursing courses.
- All applications for credit must include an original or certified copy of your official academic transcript, and unit of study descriptions for the subjects you have previously completed and wish to have credited.
- To maximise the efficiency and timeliness of the online enrolment process, please submit your application for credit at the same time as your course application (the on-line system will prompt you to do this). Your course offer letter will then include details of credit granted which you must then accept online before you can enrol.
- Prior to applying for credit, you may like to check the Sydney Nursing School handbook for unit of study descriptions in order to evaluate whether or not the subject matter is comparable.
Postgraduate Specialty Courses
If you have studied at another tertiary institution prior to studying at the University of Sydney you may be eligible to have this study count towards your course if it is comparable subject matter and at the same academic level ie postgraduate not undergraduate level. This is known as ‘credit’
- Credit based on work experience is not granted for postgraduate specialty courses (with the exception of the Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) under certain circumstances)
- All applications for credit must include an original or certified copy of your official academic transcript, and unit of study descriptions for the units you are applying to credit
- In order to qualify for an award you must, for postgraduate coursework awards, complete at least 50% of the requirements prescribed for the award course at the University.
- To maximise the efficiency and timeliness of the online enrolment process, please submit your application for credit at the same time as your course application (the on-line system will prompt you to do this). Your course offer letter will then include details of credit granted which you then must accept online before you can enrol.
- You may apply for credit for individual units of study or for postgraduate courses, complete or incomplete e.g graduate certificate, diploma or masters degree. Check the Nursing handbook for unit of study descriptions in order to judge if the subject matter is comparable.
Assistance completing your online enrolment
If you need help to complete the 3-step online enrolment process please contact the enrolment team.
- In Australia: 1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
- Outside Australia: + 61 2 8627 1444
We're available between 9am and 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, Monday to Friday.
Contact us using our online form