How to apply
Where available (as indicated in the specific advertisement), you should download or request a copy of the Position Description or the Information for Candidates brochure.
Your application should include the following:
- The position reference number.
- Your personal details: Full name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
- A statement that summarises how your experience, skills, qualifications and knowledge meet each of the selection criteria.
- Your curriculum vitae (also known as CV, vita or resume), including details of:
(a) qualifications, fellowships and professional memberships
(b) positions held (including details of the most recent and significant career appointments) and major achievements
(c) details of administrative, management and/or professional experience
(d) contributions to professional associations.
- For academic appointments, details of:
(a) research outputs, including a list of your publications
(b) current and proposed research interests
(c) competitive grants won and current/future involvement
(d) courses taught, students supervised and curriculum-development activities
(e) contributions to your academic field, for example: involvement with editorial and review boards, invitations to conferences, consultancies undertaken.
- The names and contact details of a broad mix of referees who can collectively comment on all aspects of your background and experience. This should include:
(a) a minimum of five for professorial level appointments (Level E)
(b) a minimum of three for associate professor, senior lecturer (academic levels D and C) and senior general staff (HEO levels 7 and above, SGS levels)
(c) a minimum of two for academic levels A and B, general staff HEO levels 6 and below.
All applications should be submitted online. Once your documents are prepared and saved, click the ‘Begin’ button located at the bottom of the advertisement. Complete the application form, attaching your documents in the appropriate sections. Do not submit more than one application per position.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process or how to complete your application, contact the named Sydney Recruitment consultant.